Careers focused on people
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork. Here at Spire Manchester we are looking for a highly experienced candidate to join us a Infection Prevention and Control Lead.
About the role
To assume a senior position in the development of up to date infection prevention and control policies, overseeing their implementation into practice
Ensure and supervise the maintenance of a high quality service and a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors.
To set up and establish education and training initiatives to ensure that all hospital personnel have access to appropriate training in infection prevention and control practice.
To be aware of current trends and research findings relating to infection prevention and control in clinical practice and support services and to ensure that relevant developments are communicated to the appropriate staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
- Develop practice in addressing individual's health and well being needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop knowledge and practice in an area of work.
- Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
- Develop and improve services.
- Improve quality
- Surveillance, audit and policy formation.
- Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse
- Infection prevention and control accredited module
- Teaching and Assessing qualification.
- Working in teams
- Work with minimum supervision
- Research awareness
- Consultant engagement, plus the ability to challenge consultants to influence best practice
- Tissue Viability experience - would consider merging
- Real understanding of Clinical Governance
- Experience of Audit processes
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.