Role: Industry Codes and Compliance Analyst
Salary: Up to £25-30k DOE + excellent benefits package
Would you like to work for one of the fastest growing FTSE 250 companies - an energy supplier with a turnover of £600m? Industry codes underpin the electricity and gas retail and wholesale markets and govern the arrangements for market participants in relation to the generation, transportation, distribution and supply of gas and electricity. As the Industry Codes and Compliance Analyst, you will be monitoring the company’s compliance with multiple industry codes, interpreting and applying industry proposal to internal policies and procedure in order to meet regulatory requirements and continue to deliver award winning service. The successful Industry Codes and Compliance Analyst candidate will have an understanding of the energy industry codes and/ or compliance as you will be required to translate and scope industry change proposals for internal stakeholders. If the Industry Codes and Compliance Analyst sounds like you, apply now!!!
- Maintain a framework to monitor the company’s compliance against all industry codes, contributing to monthly update reports.
- Research and keep up to date with industry and compliance changes
- Represent the company’s interest at industry meetings, driving change proposals for the benefit of the company’s members.
- Contribute to reporting a consolidated a view of industry change and monthly update reports.
- Produce scoping documents to brief industry led change into the Programme team.
- Collaborate with technology, programme, operations, marketing and finance personnel to produce assessments about industry led change proposals.
- Contribute to reporting a consolidated a view of industry change and monthly update reports
- Review and approve all internally led change proposals, process changes and marketing material for impact on the company’s compliance with industry codes.
- Be a point of contact for internal stakeholders, assisting with queries relating to industry codes and compliance.
Key skills and experience:
- At least one year working in a role that relates to Energy Industry Codes and/or compliance
- Understanding and experience of the regulatory landscape for Energy;
- Experience monitoring and reviewing compliance with industry codes in a supplier environment;
- Current understanding of the following codes and frameworks: SPAA, MRA, DCUSA, BSC, SEC and SMICoP;
- Excellent analytical skills. An eye for detail.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good grasp of business and regulatory terminologies;