This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic manufacturing environment where, as a team you will manage up to 40 diverse industrial projects per year.
From larger scale factory expansion projects down to installing automation of fibreglass systems for example - if you are an innovative, performance driven and accomplished project manager - this is a company where career opportunity exists for ambitious professionals.
Working within a plant based environment, you will work on a number of complex and rewarding projects that require innovation, problem-solving, thorough project management and strong communication.
- Responsibility for executing Capital Projects across 2 sites
- This role will give stakeholders value for money at all times throughout a project.
- The PM must develop projects from conception through to completion, as part of the process they will be responsible for justification development, interpreting the project user requirement specification provided by project stakeholders.
- Creation of full functional project specifications, cost breakdowns with payback and cash flows, full project plans, risk analysis while ensuring all will be compliant with current standards, legislation & accepted codes of practice.
- The PM will track project progress accurately including costs & risks, working through project stage boundaries and report progress at frequent intervals.
- Full integration of the project into the plant / environment. This will include writing of risk assessments, method statements, advise on development of routine maintenance plans, advise on equipment stores stock requests, commissioning, production handover and project closure.
- Throughout safety is the priority - lead by example at all times - always ensuring all involved clearly know & understand their safety responsibilities
- The role will also have demands such as acquiring physical resources, communicating with all parties, negotiating with suppliers and contractors to optimise value for the organisation.
- Identification of project opportunities using innovative ideas is a key element of the role to enable realisation of the UK vision of 'lowest cost producer’ the main metrics being safety, quality, delivery & cost.
- The PM will manage multi discipline teams made up of both internal employees and external contractor teams to deliver project objectives on time, within scope and on budget.
- This role also has a Project Engineer (PE) as a direct report. The PE will be required to be used across the Project Team & will be developed to take on the Industrial Project Managers role in the future.
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering .
- Strong and demonstrable project management skills within an industrial / heavy plant environment preferably with relevant Project Management qualifications / training
- Strong analysis skills with a flair for data management
- Ability to communicate effectively to all audiences and organisational levels.
- Ability to influence stakeholders toward desired end results.
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to manage workloads to tight time scales and set deadlines.
- Performance driven, results orientated.
- H&S practitioner.
- Ideally have formal CDM training and practical experience.
- Engineering or project engineering background with mechanical, electrical & civil engineering.
- Controls and automation skills with familiarisation in PLC’s, MCC’s & control equipment.
- A good working knowledge of PUWER & CE
- A good working knowledge of RAMS & SSOW
- Evidence of experience project managing CAPEX projects providing thermal and electricity savings
- Excellent communication skills, team player and able to build good working relationships
- MS Software literate including MS Project
- ISO based systems implementation and auditing
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally once or twice a month
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job