Our manufacturing client based in Plymouth are looking for EXPERIENCED MANUFACTURING ENGINEERS to join their existing team.
You will be reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager, the successful candidates will be hands on in assisting with New Product Introduction (NPI) across the site, as well as using lean techniques to improve existing production processes more efficient. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global based manufacturer at a time of substantial growth.
- Ensure that both new and existing processes and / or machines that are improved have the sustained capability to World Class status measured against Process Capability Indices.
- Undertake New Product Introduction (NPI) within manufacturing to completion, taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow, quality, tooling, jigs & fixtures using critical process control.
- Identify, take ownership of, facilitate, support and encourage continuous improvement activities within manufacturing.
- Support manufacturing processes where necessary for problem solving and resolution.
- Complete Engineering Change Notes.
- The ability to work with other departments, securing support from across the organisation to achieve challenging objectives.
- Continue to develop your skill set through continuous professional development to support the successful implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy.
- Support the Head of Industrial Engineering to achieve the teams’ target.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Looking for a minimum of 5years experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer, implementing Lean processes within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of a HNC in a relevant Engineering qualification such as Mechanical, Electrical or Control Engineering.
- Knowledge and / or experience of using Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job