Industrial Manufacturing Engineer Supply Chain
An Industrial Manufacturing Engineer (Supply Chain) is required for a contract assignment which can be performed in Stevenage or Bolton
Overview of department:
Manage the performance of the supply base to ensure that they deliver product to time, quality and cost
* Support the Industrial Manager in the implementation of the Industrial Validation Plans within the Supply Base to ensure that robust and comprehensive technical and manufacturing solutions are available
* Carry out Product Assessments to ensure that the industrial Requirements are met and producible objectives are achieved
* Support the Industrial Manager in Production Readiness Reviews within the Supply Base ensuring appropriate levels of Manufacturing, Inspection and Test readiness. Where gaps are identified ensure that the appropriate improvement plans are put into place
o Initiate product containment action planning as appropriate
* Ensure that during the product development phase, non-conformance are managed to closure with effective remedial and corrective actions, for commodity suppliers only. During the production phase, non-conformance are managed to closure with effective remedial and corrective actions for MEP and commodity suppliers
* Support to the Manufacturing Integrated Production Teams and Defect Review Boards or Project Meetings, taking responsibility for the timely resolution of any supplier issues associated with Programme, Quality and Cost
* Responsible for the setting of the Goods Inwards Inspection criteria in SAP using the inspection planning and inspection methods functionality
* Responsible for undertaking product verification activity at the Supplier prior to product delivery in accordance with the needs of the Project (i.e The Industrial Manager & Product Assurance Manager)
* Responsible for ensuring product specific Manufacturing System delivery requirements are met by suppliers and any corrective actions are in place
* Interface management with ISP (Industrial Policy, Global Supply Chain & Procurement), Programmes Quality, Operations Quality and Design
* Qualified to HNC.HND or equivalent, plus substantial relevant experience
* In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes
* A good level of understanding of machining processes
* A good understanding of Project Management and Supply Chain principles, practices and processes
* Can define, re-engineer and review processes
* Good commercial and financial understanding
* Negotiating and influencing skills
* Good communication skills; able to communicate verbally and in writing
* UKAS Lead Assessor qualified
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'