Maintenance Electrician job in Corby. Must have experience in manufacturing. 3 shift pattern. No weekends.
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs on our production lines and buildings. The role is based on a rotating three shift pattern.
- Provide proactive support to the plant and equipment to maximise production output.
- Responds directly or, to requests for repairs and maintenance either verbally or via electronic job ticket.
- Inspects the plant regularly and notes and corrects deficiencies, and reports important problems to Maintenance and/or Engineering Manager.
- Effective reporting of planned activities and breakdowns.
- Contributes as a team member to the maintenance department.
- Complete planned and corrective maintenance to ensure equipment safety and reliability.
- Undertakes project work directed by Maintenance Manager and/or Engineering department.
- Taking a leading role in on-going process improvement throughout the factory developing new ideas and better solutions.
- Proactive and dynamic approach to health, safety and environmental situations.
- Holding an Electrical qualification - Nationally recognised level of competence. Level 3 or above. Apprentice trained and time served.
- Minimum 5 year's industrial / practical experience.
- Ability to work alone using initiative as well as working in a team.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements.
- Experienced in Electrical fault finding.
- Analytical, problem solving and IT skills.
- Literacy and numerical ability.
- Experienced in problem analysis and continuous improvement.
- Understanding and knowledge of SCADA systems / Automated Systems and AC/DC drive systems preferable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.