Sports DM Advert
Willows Sports Centre is an established and well-known business at the heart of Derby, providing quality indoor sports and leisure activities for nearly 25 years.
We provide league competition for five a side football, futsal, indoor cricket, netball, dodgeball and more. Willows Sports Centre is a renowned family entertainment centre with laser-tag facility and cafe´/bar.
Our facilities are highly regarded, refurbished and use exclusive in-house technology to help push our sports to a digital generation.
We are looking for an energetic person to join our team and help take the business forward in 2018 and beyond. To help develop different sports, recognise opportunities and to assist in the daily management of a busy sports and leisure operation.
Reporting to the Centre Manager and Company Directors as Indoor Sports Duty Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations and will seek to promote all aspects of the sport in the Centre. You will administrate internal leagues and competitions, oversee coaching and drop in sessions, help lead and develop a team of sports officials and actively coach as part of your role.
There will be opportunities to develop your coaching credentials in-post and a successful candidate should be open minded to widening their repertoire of sports.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION SDM
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE
- A good knowledge of team sports, namely football, cricket & netball (E)
- Knowledge of current trends, initiatives and the landscape of team sports in the UK (D)
- Competent refereeing/umpiring ability (D)
- Ability to lead drop in sessions for a range of sports activities (D)
- Ability to work and coach/lead young children (D)
IT & MARKETING SKILLS/ABILITIES
- IT Literate (E)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel (E)
- Email savvy (E)
- A good understanding of social media as a communication tool (E)
- Ability to use social media platforms as a promotional tool (D)
- Knowledge of social media platforms per se including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter (E)
- Knowledge of Wordpress as a website building tool (D)
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum 5 GCSEs including grades A-C in English & Maths, or equivalent (E)
- Sports Coaching Qualification(s) - or be willing to undertake a course upon appointment (D)
- FA Referee or EN 'C’ Award umpiring qualification (D)
- First Aid in the Workplace certificate, or similar (D)
- Previous experience of coaching children (D)
- Previous experience if refereeing football/umpiring cricket/umpiring netball (D)
- Experience of leading sports drop-in sessions (D)
- Use of social media channels in a commercial environment (D)
- Excellent organisational qualities (E)
- Excellent written and verbal skills (E)
- Ability to communicate with a range of customers in an appropriate manner dependent on the situation (E)
- Self motivated and ability to work unaided (E)
- Ability to work as part of a team (E)
- Ability to motivate and manage a team around you (E)
- Accuracy and attention to detail (E)
- Appreciate policy and procedure as imperative in the success of the Company (E)
- Positive attitude (E)
- Ability to react positively to change (E)
- Full and current driving license and access to vehicle (D)
- Willing to work unsociable hours, including regular evenings and weekends (E)
- Social Media