Surbiton / South West London
£40,000 - £50,000
The focus of the role will be to act as Category Manager covering a broad range of Indirect spend, including Professional Services, HR, Agency Spend, Travel, Estates and Scientific Equipment. You will be a public sector procurement expert, with up to date OJEU knowledge.
• Responsible for the implementation of the category strategy and policies
• To ensure best value is delivered through delivery of EU procurement best practice processes.
• To ensure that the Indirect category strategies are aligned with stakeholders business plans and operational requirements, whilst managing risk effectively.
• Lead the supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and on- going supplier performance and life cycle management.
• To keep up to date with the existing and proposed EU public procurement legislation that may affect the organisation;
• In-depth knowledge of category management techniques & processes.
• CIPS qualified or equivalent
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable knowledge of EU rules and regulations, providing compliant procurement processes and procedures that work to the institutions best advantage.
• Contract development & negotiation of high value and complex contracts to ensure value for money is delivered.
To discuss this role in more detail, contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job