Our client is a top 10 accountancy firm based in Canary Wharf, looking for an Indirect Tax (VAT) Manager who enjoys taking on new challenges and working in an environment which encourages personal success. They are looking for an individual who exhibits academic excellence combined with direct experience in business life.
As an Indirect Tax (VAT) Manager, you will be a senior member of the team, responsible for assisting the Indirect Tax Partner and Indirect Tax Director in servicing clients, directing Indirect Tax services and managing a team within the department. You will be handling a portfolio of clients in a variety of sectors, taking day-to-day responsibility for the Indirect Tax team and playing a pivotal role in the development of indirect tax business.
- Developing the indirect tax practice further;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing high levels of client service;
- Providing insightful, industry specific advice to clients;
- Advising on UK and international VAT liability, transactional issues and the associated treatment of expenditure under partial exemption rules;
- Supervising and managing a team, including people management, appraisals, billing etc.;
- Providing tender proposals and carrying out due diligence;
- Training staff on VAT matters;
- Investigating and resolving VAT queries;
- Assisting in the development of VAT planning and marketing initiatives.
- Proven skills in VAT work gained in practice, essential;
- A thorough understanding of VAT principles is essential;
- Able to explain complex issues in a way non-VAT experts will understand;
- Excellent technical skills and experience, and a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of VAT issues;
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably;
- Demonstrable experience reviewing work with minimal Partner/Director input within their existing team;
- CTA desirable, but not essential;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven client relationship skills;
- Ability to manage a team;
- Strong attention to detail and completes work to a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- A practical and commercial approach to problem-solving.