Indirect Tax Manager
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for an Indirect Tax Manager to join a leading CA firm based in Edinburgh.
In this role you will have responsibility for managing a portfolio of diverse clients and guiding them through complex indirect tax matters, including advising them on VAT treatments of transactions, VAT compliance and minimising the risk of interest payments or penalties. You will have keen commercial awareness and enthusiasm for providing a first-class service to clients, ensuring they stay on the right side of the law.
* Indirect tax advisory work, both domestic and international
* Managing a diverse portfolio of clients
* Providing advice on tax issues and opportunities with clients
* Carrying out VAT reviews to identify risks and opportunities
* Guiding junior staff members and supervising their work
* Advisory project management of cross-border and client services teams
* Keeping up to date on indirect tax technical issues
* University degree in accounting, taxation or finance
* ACCA or equivalent qualification is preferred but not essential
* Prior experience working in indirect tax
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Practical problem solving abilities
* Client focused and commercially aware
In return you will be provided with an excellent basic salary and advancement opportunities, whilst also taking advantage of an enviable work/life balance that can be flexible depending on your requirements.
Please apply below, or for further queries relating to the role or other opportunities, contact Jeff McCaskill at Search Consultancy (Glasgow)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.