Our Hull based client is recruiting for an Indirect Procurement Category Specialist within the Marketing team. The individual will be responsible for cost savings and value-adding benefit. You will help identify and select preferred suppliers for the corresponding business partners. In addition, this person will respond to supplier service and / or quality issues to mitigate negative impact on the company. The Category Specialist is expected to assist the Global Category Lead to meet or exceed all budget deflation and productivity commitments for business projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Cost Savings
- Provide support to internal customers with the sourcing process and minimizing risk associated with contracting and procurement-related activities.
- Have the ability to demonstrate Project Manager skills
- Meet or exceed all budget deflation for business projects.
- Monitor and improve existing prices and service levels.
- Conduct Requests for Quotes (tenders); negotiate contracts; use sourcing tools (i.e. bid processes, benchmarks, competitive market data) to drive savings.
You will have or have a proven track record of the below:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field, such as Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar fields.
- 5 years of buying experience preferably in Indirect Marketing and/or HR Procurement spend categories
- Experience in working with financial information to develop consensus and buy-in for data-based decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects across different areas of the business.
- Proven track record in negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of Procurement concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong skill in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
Please follow us on Twitter to get our latest job alerts! @KingstonRecLtd
Kingston Recruitment Ltd are a commercial, manufacturing and technical recruitment specialist who have been established in Hull since 1985.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days of submitting your CV then unfortunately your application has not been successful.