Nigel Wright are currently working with a leading NE Manufacturing business to recruit a Senior Indirect Buyer.
Reporting into the Head of Purchasing, you will be responsible for:
- Managing Indirect spend – Capex and MRO, consumables, services
- Partnering with SMT to drive compliance with corporate procedures, centralising spend
- Developing and implementing Procurement best practice policies and processes or Indirect spend
- Spend analysis, planning strategy for cost avoidance/-reduction
- Running tenders through to award and contract negotiation
- Supplier performance management/due diligence
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Proven strategic procurement track record within Indirect (manufacturing beneficial not essential)
- Capex/Engineering procurement experience essential
- Strong negotiator/relationship builder and influencer (both internal and external stakeholders)
- Tenacity, drive, analytical mindset
- Dynamic, assertive and accustomed to a fast-paced working environment in which processes and procedures are yet to be formalised
- Flexible approach, pragmatic, accustomed to managing changing priorities
- People mentoring/management experience advantageous
For further details of this exciting new challenge with the opportunity to assist in shaping the Procurement function, please do not hesitate to get in contact. CIPS study funding also available.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'