Our client is a unique Welsh charity committed to supporting people faced with inequality and discrimination, supporting reasonable adjustments to the job role and working environment that would enable disabled people to access employment opportunities or to continue in employment.
We are immediately seeking a home based Independent Living Advisor to provide support to either adults or families of disabled children and young people who are, or who wish to be, in receipt of Direct Payments.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to disabled people in becoming Personal Assistant Employers
- Provide employment services and all aspects of individualized support to Service Users
- Maintain regular contact with Service Users by undertaking monthly visits and engaging in communication using a range of communication methods
- Work collaboratively with other Direct Payment team members, and external partners involved in the Direct Payments process
- Provision of general advice and Information on Direct Payments
- Outlining benefits and responsibilities to disabled people who are referred to the Scheme in employing Personal Assistants, including information on legal responsibilities, tax & NI, Health & Safety, insurance and Auto-Enrolment Pensions
- Finalising recruitment arrangements
- Ongoing Support of the disabled person as a Personal Assistant Employer
- Providing the link between Social Services and the individual referred to the scheme
- Exercise a high degree of professional judgement, consistency and objectivity in relation to providing support to clients
- Determine and analyse outcomes of the service
- Previous experience of working with older customers and proven ability to foster a spirit of co-operation and sense of independence within this group.
- Demonstrable commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit individual needs or when explaining technical information.
- Previous experience of carrying out administrative work including numeracy work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good oral and written communications
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
This is a demanding but fulfilling role that will be both challenging and rewarding.
The successful candidate will require a DBS check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"