Our client based in Oxford City Centre is currently seeking a professional individual to support their Financial Services team during a busy work period. The role is on an interim basis and to start as soon as possible.
Work hours are full time from 8:30am - 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 - 16:30 on Fridays.
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) including Maths and English at Grade C or above, have experience of working without supervision and able to manage own workload, proficient IT skills including MS Word/Excel, excellent customer care and strong numeracy skills.
- To work as part of a team providing a comprehensive income collection service, primarily for rents and sundry income, in line with our policies and procedures.
- To engage our customers and service users so that we can identity and negotiate effective payment solutions according to individual circumstances.
Role responsibilities and main duties:
- To pro-actively manage income collection processes in compliance with the organisation's policy and procedures whilst maintaining best practice in customer
- To liaise with all internal teams and/or departments, which have any involvement with the customer, ensuring that all aspects of the service are taken into consideration in the management of accounts, in order to provide an effective, efficient and equitable
- To drive continuous service improvement, challenging existing practices and actively seeking ways of achieving greater outcomes and leaner
- To liaise closely with Income Recovery Officers on specific cases advising on recovery actions and to carry out low level arrears
- Prompt raising of invoices, efficient collection of outstanding debts in relation to all general debtors, in line with appropriate legislation
- To provide detailed money advice to tenants, and to signpost them to sources of professional advice wherever
- Engage with customers to identify and negotiate effective solutions according to individual circumstances
- Understand financial circumstances that affect a customer's ability to pay debt and be able to advise on maximising income through welfare benefits
- To liaise with customers providing advice in the promotion of payment methods, to administer, set and promote direct debit payments and ensure payment arrangements are sustainable
- Liaise with external debt collection agencies on behalf of the organisation
- To be accountable to an Incomes Manager undertaking duties that ensure the highest levels of service delivery commensurate with the role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job