Income Officer - Local Operations
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Income Officer - Local Operations
Lancaster Way, Ely
£26,663 per annum (rising to £29,281 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Income Officer – Local Operations to join our Housing Income Team. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for providing a high quality income and debt recovery service to a designated area. Managing a caseload, you will utilise your customer service skills to make contact with customers in arrears to maximise income through negotiation and tenancy enforcement.
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to income collection services and a chance to work and develop your career in an organisation that wishes to remain a market leader in the provision of high quality housing services.
The role of Income Officer – Local Operations will include:
- Ensuring accounts in arrears are managed effectively
- Engaging with customers to ensure barriers for rent payments are addressed through the provision of high quality advice and support to maximise income
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, residents, staff including housing and letting teams and a range of external organisations and agencies
- Producing statistical information on performance against key performance indicators
Skills and experiences:
- Proven knowledge of housing management, debt collection and income related issues
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- A strong ability to prioritise work load, meet deadlines using effective organisational skills
- Proven knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practice
- Able to demonstrate numeracy and literacy to the equivalent of Grade C English and Maths GCSE
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other office applications
- Due to the nature of the role, a full current driving licence and access to your own vehicle for business purposes is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job