Location: King’s Lynn
Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
37 hours per week
There is a Permanent role and 12 month temporary contract available
About the company:
Freebridge Community Housing was set up in 2006 and now manages around 7,000 homes and 17 sheltered schemes in West Norfolk. We employ over 200 people and as part of the e2 consortium, we aim to build strong and sustainable communities by providing high quality affordable homes within well designed neighbourhoods.
- Do you have a background in income collection or providing debt advice?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Could you make a difference to our organisation?
Duties of the Income Advisors:
- Contacting customers mainly by phone to discuss rent payments and agreeing terms for repayment of any arrears. On occasion, these discussions will take place at our offices or in customers’ homes.
- Gaining an understanding of customers’ circumstances and providing or directing to appropriate internal or external welfare and support advice where appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with tenancy and lettings departments and external agencies to provide a comprehensive service to customers, tailored to their individual circumstances.
- Maintaining accurate records of all customer agreements and transactions
- Where satisfactory agreements for repayment of debts cannot be reached, you will prepare all necessary records for court submissions
Requirements of the Income Advisors:
- Educated to GCSE level
- Have proven experience in a customer service environment, ideally a housing provider or other public service organisation
- Be a confident communicator with good negotiation skills, diplomatic and assertive as required
- Have good numerical and IT skills
- Be organised, target driven and attentive to detail
- Have knowledge of debt collection and agencies involved in the support of vulnerable customers
In return we offer a competitive salary, up to 30 days holiday, generous pension contribution and many other benefits.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Income Advisor role is right for you then please apply today!