We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Central Finance Income Team is looking for a nearly or newly qualified accountant to assist with the Income Billing & Control team’s responsibilities. The billing team produces invoices across all M&G business units and entities and plays a key role in ensuring the invoices are produced in line with IMAs.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Maintain financial control over own area of responsibility, including:
• Review Third Party Administrator’s files to ensure billing & rebate calculations are
• reasonable and in line with Investment Management Agreements
• Calculate fees and rebates
• Rebates remitted per client terms
• Billing activities are completed accurately and on time
• Billing is produced in accordance with IMAs
• Procedures and internal controls are adhered to
• Income accruals for Trustees
• Apply the sales output VAT rules correctly to invoices (with guidance from Tax)
• Develop billing processes as requested by the Business for new funds/clients
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Document and maintain procedures
• Produce billing MI
• Support the External Income Team during month end
• Build effective working relationships with Front Office, Investment Operations, Tax, Legal, Compliance and other Finance colleagues
• Support the Senior Income Accountant
• Assist with ad-hoc Income Team queries and tasks
What we are looking for:
This role suits a person with a keen interest in developing good business processes and internal controls, liaising with internal and external clients, understanding fund documentation and working to tightly controlled deadlines.
It is essential that you a part qualified or newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with the ability to work within a team environment, have excellent planning and organisation skills and have the ability to work accurately under pressure. You will have a detailed, logical and diligent approach with an inquisitive attitude and good attention to detail, with the desire to understand every aspect of the role. It is also essential for you to have the ability to identify problems and drive to follow them through to resolution with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The ability to accurately and succinctly document control and procedures is also required with a client and delivery focused approach. You will need to have a flexible and adaptable approach.
It is desired for you to have experience in Asset Management, SUN or Hyperion and have Advanced Excel skills.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.