Incident & Problem Manager
Competitive + Benefits
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Incident & Problem Manager, to join the newly combined global organisation Diebold Nixdorf.
Diebold Nixdorf is changing the future of how people interact with financial institutions and retailers. We bring together the best in services-led, software-enabled expertise and innovation. We equip our customers with the innovation strategies, systems, software and services necessary for them to grow and win in a highly interconnected, changing world.
Why join Diebold Nixdorf?
- Approximately 24,000 employees globally, with 900 in the UK, trading in 130 countries with a revenue of $5 billion
- A wide product portfolio and offer our customers the richest feature set for financial self-service and retail markets.
- The scale, strength and flexibility to help our customers succeed - and stay ahead in a rapidly changing, digital financial and retail market
- The brightest minds in the industry to deliver the most flexible software platforms to manage transactions across any digital or physical touchpoint
Diebold Nixdorf commits to:
- Maintaining and developing an excellent employee base
- Offering career opportunities across locations as a global player in our industries
- Leading innovation.
The Incident and Problem Manager will be responsible for the management of all Major Incidents across all Lines of Business. Operating through customer facing teams, they will ensure efficient resolution to minimise business impact whilst providing effective stakeholder communication (Incident Management). The Incident and Problem Manager will also identify root causes of major problems, eliminating recurring incidents and minimising the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Responsible for the end to end management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring business / customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Lead major Incident reviews to establish actions to prevent future incidents and produce comprehensive incident reports to senior and Board level.
- Lead problem diagnosis, coordinating suppliers and internal teams to determine the underlying root cause of issues.
- With a focus on prevention rather than cure, lead implementation of method, process and procedures for permanent resolutions to reduce repeat incidents, and minimise impact of those incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Build and use a deep understanding of business processes in order to efficiently and effectively prioritise incident and problem activities.
- Through cause analysis and working through the customer facing teams, identify opportunities for cost recovery for either internal or customer generated incidents.
- Acting as the incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks. Create agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines with accountability for the delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Deliver Incident and Problem Management process training to support teams.
- Be part of a team providing 24x7 cover for major incident and crisis situations.
- To ensure appropriate and timely reporting of all activities and escalation (within Diebold Nixdorf and to the customer), where necessary.
If you feel that you have the skills and passion to work for a career driven company that are constantly growing please apply with your CV and covering letter to
- Incident & Problem