In Vivo Biologist
Please note: We can only consider EU/UK citizens or others with a valid visa to work in the UK
Our client is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development with a focus on new treatments for cancer. The company has successfully applied its proprietary Fragment-Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) platform to generate multiple new drug candidates that are progressing in clinical development. The recent acquisition provides the company with an excellent foundation to further expand its oncology portfolio and drug discovery capabilities.
They have an opportunity for an oncology biologist within the Translational Biology group. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about and input into the drug discovery process and contribute to the development novel therapies.
· Utilise in vivo studies to generate biological data to support the pre clinical development of novel compounds and characterization of pre-clinical biomarkers
· Design and implement effective in vitro and in vivo experiments, interpret data, discuss conclusions and present data at various internal forums
· Contribute biology expertise to multi-disciplinary project teams
· Interact with external experts, collaborators and CROs
· PhD in a biological science with proven postdoctoral experience, or a BSc with equivalent experience.
· In vivo biology experience with suitable qualifications
· Demonstrable proficiency in a range of cancer related in vitro cell biology techniques
· Strong communication skills and ability to contribute to multidisciplinary project teams
· An understand of, and interest in the mode of action of new, targeted anti-cancer therapies would be an advantage.
My client offers excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
MAC Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
So, do our clients. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information call MAC Scientific on 0333-900-4300
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job