Our client, a global leader in luxury hospitality, are seeking a driven, motivated and reliable individual to join their very settled team at the Ascot location.
The successful candidate will be responsible of the smooth running of the in-room dining operation at the hotel, across all meal periods. You will work hard to create and maintain a team environment to achieve the required standards, therefore meeting and exceeding the guests expectations.
You will be working 5 days out of 7, sometimes working at different times from week to week so flexibility in this position is high-priority.
Please note: Due to it's location, applicants are required to have their own transport. The site is not serviced by public transport.
The Scope of the role
- Work closely with the F&B Manager and Operations Manager's to run the In-Room Dining and Events department and ensure service standards are met.
- Take orders and deliver In Room Dining across all rooms and be responsible for amenities and the mini bars.
- Ensure that the back of house and preparation areas are kept clean and orderly at all times.
- Guarantee that the highest standard of service and product is delivered to our guests at all times by anticipating their needs with a personalised service.
- Logging or escalating any complaints or issues as required.
- Have a high level of presence and be confident in communicating with guests to ensure that their expectations are met and exceeded.
- Assist with ordering and stock control
- Provide knowledgeable food & drinks advice offering suggestions and recommendations
- Ensure that all billing and cashiering are conducted as per the required standards
- Aim to achieve engagement targets whilst ensuring training and on-the-job learning occurs for team members.
- Lead by example through a 'hands on’ approach
- Aim to achieve financial targets whilst maintaining a cost conscious approach.
- Manage and deliver effective training and development for the team, including spot checking and guidance.
- Work closely with the Events Operations Manager and run events.
- To deputise in the absence of a manager and be responsible for opening and closing the departments.
- Ensure completion of your personal objectives and responsibilities and work on any projects you are asked to lead.
- Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks as and when necessary and reasonably required
QUAIFICATIONS & DESIRABLES
• Hotel diploma or equivalent
• 4/5 star restaurant/Food & Beverage service experience
• Food and wine knowledge
• Second language an advantage
• Food & Beverage - sequence of service
• Smart thinking
• Positive attitude
• Previous supervisory experience
• Able to handle challenging situations
- Customer Service
- Food Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'