Our client is a young, dynamic new brand that is gathering momentum across the UK and overseas. They have seen huge interest in their first round of trade shows and have picked up accounts in independents and department stores in the UK and abroad.
They have recently received investment to support their continued expansion and are using this to build out their team and improve their digital marketing presence.
They are now looking to hire a new Business Development Manager to focus on developing their wholesale business, this is a brand new role and will be working directly for the founder and MD of the company.
This is a great time to join the company as you will be part of the founding team and able to experience, influence and be part of the business/brand as it grows.
- Develop and open new accounts both large independents and departments stores
- Work with owner to set realistic sales targets across type of account (independents, Dept Stores, International)
- Work with marketing to ensure all activity is driving the right potential leads to the sales function
- Produce weekly updates on sales activity and pipeline activity
- Feedback customer comments to the all relevant team members re products, pricing, and range preferences so that they can reflect in future ranges etc.
Skills and experience required:
- Track record in opening new accounts across as types of customer (Dept Stores especially)
- Experience of achieving sales targets and achieving growth year on year
- Good knowledge and network of buyers within the UK market (ideally ladies accessories)
- Real self starter - this is a young company so every role counts and there is no time for anyone to be micro managed
- Stamina and tenacity - the ambition for this company is big
- Team player - as a small company everyone has a part to play and sometimes your colleagues will need your support as you may need theirs.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills - you will be representing a newly formed brand - advocacy is important
This is an excellent role for someone who thrives off the excitement of growing a brand and all the fun, hard work and sense of achievement that comes with it.
It would suit someone who may be currently in house with a brand or indeed a strong sales agent who is looking to go in-house. The position is based in London and you would be required to work from the London office
There is a base salary of up to £35k plus bonus.
Applications will only be considered from candidates who are currently living within the UK.
- Business Development
- New Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job