This is a 9 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
To lead the delivery of timely, high quality and commercial legal services to OMW companies. To contribute towards high standards of governance as part of the legal team.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
While the job holder needs to be able to support any area covered by the Legal function, the day to day focus of the role will be on the UK business (including, in particular, OMW's financial adviser network, Intrinsic) and the OMW central functions.
- Key focus on the management of general supplier contracts including IT contracts. Ensure an excellent working relationship is maintained with the Third Party Risk Management team so as to encourage open dialogue, early engagement, and to enable contracts to be dealt with in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Minimise exposure to litigation, risk and associated costs.
- Provide a professional and best practice service on all legal matters which impact the business.
- Source and manage cost effective external legal advice where required to protect business interests.
- Develop and maintain value added and cost effective relationships with external lawyers and determine when to seek external legal services to protect business interests.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on relevant legislative developments.
- Ensure appropriate links and working relationships are established with the Risk, Compliance and Company Secretariat functions to ensure that legal risks are accurately assessed, managed and minimised.
- Report effectively on legal issues and risk exposure and escalate actions as appropriate (e.g. under the Group Operating Manual and the Legal Risk Policy).
- Advise the business if there are customer fairness issues to be addressed, for example, unfair or unclear customer communications or when advising in relation to a customer dispute.
- Promote the operational efficiency of the Legal function.
- Qualified Solicitor
- Experience required:
- 2-3 years PQE
Experience in advising on general commercial contracts and IT contracts