In-house Solicitor Senior Level
In-house, Solicitor, Senior Level, Magic Circle
Your new company
An international law firm with offices in Belfast are seeking a senior lawyer with experience of advising on complex/high value contracts to join the firm's global in-house legal team. The role will involve acting as lead lawyer on key contracts for the firm, particularly those involving innovative IT or outsourcing arrangements.
Your new role
The role will involve helping to shape and deliver the firm's legal technology and innovation strategy from a risk management perspective. Key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Draft, negotiate and advise on complex and high value contracts in a systematic, proactive and forward-thinking way.
- Provide commercially astute and directive advice in relation to the innovative use of the firm's information assets and intellectual property as part of its advanced delivery programme and otherwise.
- Manage legal input into contract and procurement processes to maximise efficiency while effectively managing risk to the firm.
- Leading the firm's response on regulatory changes impacting on the firm's supply chain.
- Managing key stakeholder relationships, including Procurement, IT and Information Security.
- Supporting management in formulating and communicating relevant priorities and strategies to key stakeholders.
- Design and deliver training programmes, maintain precedent documentation and monitor ongoing compliance.
- Supervise, manage and develop team members assisting with delivery of the responsibilities of the role.
- Develop and maintain policies and guidance necessary for the proper and compliant functioning of the firm.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- UK qualified lawyer;
- A strong track record in advising on complex/high value commercial contracts;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including liaising with clients and partners;
- A proven ability to work independently and proactively and take the lead in driving projects forward to completion
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Magic circle bonus and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"