RAC will not accept any recruitment approaches!
The RAC Legal team has a great opportunity and is looking to recruit an in house Solicitor, to work at our Bristol office.
We are looking for a Solicitor who has a general commercial background, who can provide advice, direction and leader across a number of contracts across the business.
The RAC aims to be the most customer driven, innovative and trusted provider of services and the Legal team supports all aspects of RAC business.
As a result you will provide legal / technical advice and guidance to RAC, group companies and to external partnerships.
Coming from a generalist background you will have the LLB qualification, Degree plus CPE, or other legal qualification required, including Bar vocational course or LPC or equivalent.
Scope of role:
-To provide Commercial legal advice to the whole of the RAC business, including:
-A lawyer entitled to practice as a solicitor, barrister in the UK or a relevant jurisdiction Advising on procurement, supply chain, and IT contracts
-Advising on customer contracts with RAC`s commercial customers
-Advising on general business related queries, including RAC membership queries
-Advising on operational and related issues and providing pragmatic advice on ongoing ad-hoc queries
-Assisting in the management of other areas including disputes, employment, approving marketing materials, IP and IT
-Liaising with external advisers as appropriate
-Contributing to the legal support of the business to facilitate implementation of ambitious business plans.
-Contributing to the development of the legal team including working with other team members and including secretarial support staff
-Commerciality and pragmatism is vital to understand the needs of our internal customers
- A wide range of legal/technical issues allocated by manager/work co-ordinator.
- Works with established policies and procedures with some supervision.
- Supporting the management of legal risks.
- Works on legal/technical documentation linked to new or existing RAC products and services
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications:
- 3-5 years PQE
- Ability to apply the relevant aspects of law/ legislation to their area of work.
- Understanding of the financial services industry/markets an advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Understand the needs of our end customers
- Proven experience of working in a legal/technical environment.
- A track record of having successfully identified and reported legal risks as appropriate
This is a great opportunity to work and support a UK super brand and Private Equity backed business. It is based at our Bristol office working alongside a large Legal team based across Walsall and Bristol.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job