In-House Recruitment Specialist
In a business that is growing as fast as our retail client, recruitment is where it all begins. They are looking for experienced, specialist recruiters to help them source the best talent to manage the new and existing stores, warehouses and growing office teams. This is an exciting, busy role where you’ll use your expert recruitment skills to take responsibility for finding the best candidates in the market. Being an In-house Recruitment Consultant is a fast-paced, varied role, where you’ll have full responsibility for your business area and will be working on a range of different vacancies at all levels, at any one time.
You will carry out the recruitment for all store management, warehouse and office roles in your regional location. You will be responsible for building a candidate pipeline and managing the complete candidate journey from initial enquiry to offer of employment. You’ll ensure that all candidates, whether or not they are successful in the recruitment process, have a fantastic experience and become advocates of the brand. You will also take responsibility for executing the attraction and assessment process, with the support of in-house specialists, through direct sourcing methods and running Assessment Centres. In this role, you will:
- Work with relevant stakeholders to take briefs on vacant positions and agree a sourcing strategy and timelines
- Create and publish jobs on suitable channels, co-ordinate and attending job fairs
- Actively source and headhunt the best candidates on job boards and social media channels
- Pre-select candidates through application screening, telephone interviewing and the use of online tests and participate in interviews with hiring managers where necessary
- Manage stakeholders of all levels to ensure the correct recruitment processes and procedures are followed and provide technical and strategic support
- Manage relationships with agency partners and evaluate their performance in delivering quality candidates
- Run regular assessment centres, including welcoming and presenting to candidates, ensuring the day runs smoothly and acting as an assessor when required.
What you need
- Degree educated, with a 2.1 in any discipline or significant industry experience
- In-house or agency recruitment experience to a senior level is essential, preferably in a fast-paced retail environment, with a thorough understanding of recruitment best practice
- Experience of active sourcing, attraction and selection methods and good knowledge of running assessment centres and ensuring all selection processes are adhered to
- Previous experience of managing the full recruitment process, from interview to offer, liaising with candidates and internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build successful stakeholder relationships
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work independently and take ownership of your area
- The ability to prioritise your workload in a busy environment and work towards business-critical deadlines.
What they offer
- £40,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
The Talent Group is a specialist recruiter in placing into HR & Resourcing. Please call me to discuss this and other roles that we are currently recruiting.
- Store Management
- Telephone Interviewing