Expand your knowledge of mixed taxes.
Join our in-house team of tax experts with exposure to a variety of taxes and further your career as part of a forward-thinking, global organisation where your skills and experience will be highly valued. Your strong work ethic means you can be relied upon to deliver results and your leadership style inspire those that work for you. If this rings true, then a role in our in-house tax team could be for you.
Our in-house tax team is based in Milton Keynes and is responsible for providing tax compliance services to the Firm and its Partners and employees. As part of this team, your role will involve exposure to; corporate tax, personal tax, international tax for international project workers and assignees, benefit reporting, and VAT compliance.
As a Mixed Tax Assistant Manager, your role may include:
• Assisting in management of the firm’s UK and overseas business tax compliance responsibilities in respect of international projects.
• Assisting in the management of UK tax and social security compliance for Partners and internationally mobile staff.
• Reviewing cost budgets for overseas projects.
• Assessing withholding tax issues for the firm, ensuring that any amounts withheld are appropriately treated for tax purposes in accordance with tax treaties, UK tax legislation, etc., and accounted for appropriately by the firm.
• Review of assistants’ work product.
• Liaising with other Deloitte departments and overseas Member Firms as necessary.
• Undertaking technical research.
• Ensuring deadlines are met and accurate records kept.
You will have responsibility for managing your own workload, prioritising effectively in order to meet deadlines. In addition to the technical aspects of this role, you will also share the management responsibility for junior members of the team, and have the opportunity to become involved in training and development. You will benefit from continuous training, ongoing feedback and structured development in a supportive culture, where you will have opportunities to put your own innovative ideas into practice.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Experience of corporate, business or mixed tax.
- Be ATT and/or CTA qualified or have equivalent experience.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Outlook.
- Up to date with tax technical knowledge via training and daily reading.
- Strong Numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload, and work accurately under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Outstanding communication skills; face to face, telephone and email.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Innovative with the ability to develop efficiencies and generally improve processes and procedures.
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 148653