An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an in house legal team within a Sheffield based Finance company within the debt litigation team.
The role will involve acting on behalf of the Company's high net worth clients in relation to contractual disputes, financial claims and debt litigation.
The company are seeking either a graduate with a keen interest in working in an in house litigation position or a more experienced paralegal with financial litigation experience.
Although previous experience in debt litigation is preferred, knowledge and experience of the Civil Procedure rules relating to financial claims will be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include;
- Gathering and recording information from clients
- Negotiating commitments to resolve overdue accounts
- Monitoring arrangements and commitments to ensure timely resolution
- Managing a diary system to take appropriate follow up action
- Reviewing pre-legal debts to assess suitability for legal action
- Initiating County Court legal actions for debt recovery and progress to judgment and enforcement
- Pursuing defended claims through small claims, fast track and multi-track by drafting pleadings, witness statements and producing court bundles.
- Advising clients on prospects for successful recovery and assisting with overcoming disputes and reasons for non-payment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded company and progress your career within a market leading in house team. Sponsorship and qualification through CILEX may also be offered to the successful candidate.
For further information in relation to this vacancy, please contact Laura Chappell on or apply online.
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.