Working for a prestigious a growing company you will be supporting General Counsel & Company Secretary in ensuring that our clients group meets its legal obligations, that the business grows and develops in line with the strategic business plan and that it achieves its commercial objectives.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for providing professional legal advice and guidance to the teams on a wide range of land, development, finance, construction and facilities management matters. You will also support sales, marketing and customer experience functions and support the business with all corporate matters, including any future corporate acquisitions.
Crucially, you will often be the "face" of our clients Group and will hold an ambassadorial role with key stakeholders including investors, funders, suppliers and customers, to ensure our reputation for quality is backed up by our reputation for excellent and ethical business dealings including our commitment to the Housebuilder Consumer Code.
This is a wide and varied role with an opportunity to make a big impact and grow your profile within a fast-growing business. There will be opportunity for both personal development and career progression as the business grows.
- Put safety first in everything you do.
- Lead by example in connection with the application of the business' policies and procedures. Be open and transparent in all your dealings.
- Clear communication at all times to include appropriate risk reporting to the General Counsel and to the Board of Directors.
- Be a good team player.
- Appointing, instructing and managing external legal advisors.
- Assisting the General Counsel with all insurance related matters.
- Helping create asset value within the business through the property development process and in the development of new intellectual property and protecting the value in those assets.
- Advise on the structuring of commercial arrangements to ensure the best outcome for the business.
- Reviewing, negotiating and completing legal documents e.g. confidentiality agreements, land contracts, development agreements, construction contracts, consultancy agreements, service contracts, financing agreements, agency contracts and other commercial agreements. etc.
- Dealing with any claims brought by or against the business.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with people within and out with the business to gain the confidence of the business and other stakeholders.
- Provide sound legal advice to the business that recognises the commercial context in which that legal advice is sought and given.
- Ensure that the business, including its board of directors and employees, meets the highest ethical standards and complies with its statutory obligations and its duty of care.
- Ensure that the business lives up to its values.
- Support the business to achieve best value in all its commercial dealings.
- Support the business to manage change and to grow sustainably.
- Lead in the promotion of knowledge sharing within the business and help create a learning culture where know-how is valued.
- Assisting with company secretarial and corporate governance processes.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales
- 3 -5 years PQE gained at a leading national or international law firm or within an equivalent in-house department. We will consider candidates with greater PQE.
- Previous experience of working in-house and in particular within a fast growth environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of property and/or infrastructure development, especially land, planning and/or construction contracts.
- Experience of project and/or property and/or corporate finance would be advantageous.
- Ability to build relationships within the business at all levels.
- Commercially aware and astute.
- Comfortable with having difficult conversations.
- The ability to manage a wide and varied portfolio of work and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Awareness of your own limitations and when to seek support.
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail but able to see the big picture and take action for continuous improvement.
- Ability to be Adaptable and Resilient.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'