Job Title: In-house Legal Counsel
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
My client, a leading institution in the Financial Services sector, are looking to hire a Legal Counsel to work within their team of solicitors, undertaking a general commercial legal role whilst also advising on some important regulatory initiatives within the sector.
The chosen candidates will be responsible for the following:
- You will deliver in-house legal services as directed by the senior solicitors within the team.
- Provide advice on general legal queries to colleagues in all departments of the company.
- Where requested review commercial contracts for relevant business areas, providing advice and negotiating key clauses on behalf of the business either alone or with support from specialist colleagues
- Provide ongoing advice to relevant business areas on changes in the financial services sector which affect the business' operations including regulatory, legislative, guidance and policy.
- Assist in the provision of a Legal Referral Service for Marketing and other customer communications and advise on the relevant regulatory requirements. Assist in maintaining an up-to-date Marketing Approval Standard to aid Marketing and Legal Services in the sign off process.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A qualified solicitor (ideally 2 years PQE but this is just intended as a guide)
- Some experience of reviewing/drafting/negotiating commercial contracts
- Some experience of regulatory matters, ideally ones specifically relating to the financial services sector.
If you'd be interested in discussing this position further, please send an updated CV to and I'll be in touch to discuss further.
Please contact Tom Bagley, Recruitment Consultant - In House, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment is an In House Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading businesses trust us with their Legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our In House Legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role, and seek your approval, before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more In House Legal jobs in the UK.
- Financial Services
- Commercial Contracts
- Legal Counsel