My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner. This opportunity is available as a permenet Ajilon consultant working on Assignment at our client site.
Role: In-housel Insurance Advisor
Location: London (The Strand)
Duration: Perm Ajilon consultant
To support the Risk and Insurance team in identifying insurable risks and managing them through the cost effective provision of insurance solutions for the clients businesses worldwide.
To liaise with the businesses and provide insurance and risk management advice; lead on specific lines of insurance cover and provide support to the rest of the team on other policies to include construction
Demonstrable relevant experience within the insurance and risk management profession gained from in-house positions, underwriting or broking.
- Experienced in reviewing and negotiating insurance terms and conditions including conducting policy wording reviews and placing in the London and alternative markets.
- Experience of presenting to insurance and non-insurance audiences and collating underwriting packs and data for consideration by insurance markets
Desirable: ACII / IRM qualified (or progression)
Behavioural Competencies / Leadership Qualities
Creates the future - anticipating the future needs of the business and customers; responsive to external influences.
- Builds relationships - proven ability to collaborate within the business and across the insurance industry;
- Consistently delivers great performance - delivers exceptional performance, particularly in a virtual team environment; personal accountability for delivering performance excellence.
- Develops self and others - shares knowledge openly with others; actively seeks feedback and acts on it.
Technical / Role Specific Competencies
An ability to manage diverse sources of information and data, draw conclusions and produce insurance analysis, reports, presentations and strategies.
- A clear understanding of the global insurance market
- A sound knowledge of all of the usual lines of coverage purchased by a Corporate of our size and nature; with a detailed understanding in some of these classes.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
No direct reports or budget, but will be a member of a small team with responsibility for overall insurance spend each year - c.£40m for external premiums and c.£40m for internal retail premiums.
Risk and insurance team, including the captive insurance companies and the UK and US claims teams
- Designated group businesses
- External brokers and underwriters
- Business Development and other project teams across National Grid
- JV partners