This is a fantastic opportunity for either an established in-house employment lawyer or an experienced employment lawyer to move from private practice to a commercial environment within an international, family owned facilities management services company.
This is a new position within a well-established organisation who are looking for a highly commercial and pragmatic individual to lead and manage a broad ranging case file. The company offers a world-class facilities management service across a broad range of industry sectors and requires advice and support across all areas of employment legislation including employment tribunals, terms and conditions of employment and engagement, organisational restructure and TUPE.
The role would be ideally suited to someone with a proven background in employment law and used to working within an extremely fast paced environment.
Primarily, the focus of the role is to assist and support the UK Group in relation to all aspects of employment law and provide pragmatic and supportive legal advice to a broad range of stakeholders with due regard to commercial context and constraints.
This role will play a pivotal part in the ER Centre of Excellence team, including providing expert legal advice and support.
You will be based in Manchester but visiting employment tribunals and divisional offices nationally as necessary and appropriate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising on a broad range of employment matters, both routine and complex including employment tribunals, TUPE, industrial relations, policy and contractual terms
- Provide legal advice and assistance to stakeholders on other miscellaneous employment issues on an ad-hoc basis
- Providing advocacy
- Manage and develop in-house paralegal support
- Liaise with and manage external lawyers and other professional advisers where necessary and applicable. This may be in relation to tribunals, projects or contracts or more generally
- Providing both best practice, strategic and commercial advice
- Develop and maintain legal material (standard documents, guidance and corporate information). Disseminate in appropriate and varied channels throughout the Division/Group i.e. intranet, workshops, seminars, newsletters etc.
- Working under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Trusted advisor to the Senior Leadership team, HR operational team and ER Centre of Excellence team
- Building effective working relationships
- Law Degree or equivalent
- Admission as a Solicitor in England. Current practising certificate
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Experience in relevant areas of employment law
- Proven success at tribunal
- Previous line management experience, preferably of managing in house paralegal
- Ability to work as part of a team on highly complex and intellectually demanding work, which requires the ability to meet exacting deadlines and work under considerable pressure
- Must be able to manage own workload with initiative and minimal supervision
- Able to receive instruction accurately from a broad range of stakeholders and provide pragmatic, commercial, legally compliant advice
- Ability to review activities and identify opportunities for improvements to efficiency, effectiveness and cost
- A commitment to offering remarkable client service
- Confident and forward-thinking approach
- A genuine passion for employment law and attention to detail
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
- employee relations
- employment law
- in house
- employment solicitor
- employment lawyer