In-House Electrical Technician
£27,000 - £29,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Are you a time served electrical technician or hold an electrical/engineering degree?
Do you enjoy problem solving and fault-finding?
If you are comfortable on the phone and would enjoy providing support to onsite technicians/engineers, suppliers and customers - then this could be an exciting opportunity for you to work in an exciting and emerging engineering company.
Would you enjoy occasional travel around the UK to supervise & assist with any electrical issues?
Standard working hours will be 7.30 – 4.30 pm however you need be flexible to include occasional late shift cover (2 -10 pm) on a monthly rota basis.
- Be the first point of contact for all Electrical queries within the UK
- Check and process technical notifications raised by Service Technicians
- Support H&S with new documentation
- Provide technical support for engineers and customers
- Liaise effectively with the service dispatch coordinators to ensure that all maintenance work is completed and technicians have the necessary means to correct and maintain
- Overseeing electrical, updates and retrofits in the UK
- Coordinate the material order flow and liaise with warehouse personnel to ensure an adequate and constant supply of stock and parts
- Look for persistent faults / issues - trying to identify trends and then report these back to your supervisor and assist in the long term rectification of these faults
- When and where necessary, travel to sites throughout the UK and Europe
Skills and requirements -
- Level 3 Electrical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Ideally an Engineering degree or similar
- Must be computer literate
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- Experience with maintenance schedules.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful
On offer is a competitive basic salary, private pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and private healthcare.
To find out more about this opportunity, please call ASAP on or email your CV to
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.