In-House Counsel - Up to £85,000 per annum + bonus + car allowance
This In-House Counsel role is a great opportunity to join an expanding team. The role will be supporting the Assistant Legal Counsel and Legal team in the provision of a high quality and commercially focused legal advice to support the needs of the business.
This role will suit a pragmatic lawyer who will thrive in a challenging, complex, busy and diverse role with high levels of responsibility within a fast-paced, market leading and entrepreneurial business.
Managing legal risk across the full breadth of the business in a manner that supports and facilitates the continued commercial success of the business.
Strong technical commercial legal knowledge is essential. You will need experience of commercial contracts as well as a knowledge of data protection, TUPE, IP, competition and general contract law.
Demonstrable ability to understand a broad range of commercial legal issues; possesses strong lateral and analytical thinking skills; has a successful track record of working effectively with senior management and a proven ability to understand and provide incisive and confidential counsel on complex business issues
The role holder will report to the Assistant General Counsel - you should expect to quickly have a high level of autonomy and independence to negotiate contracts and give legal opinions on matters.
The role holder will need to communicate, direct and influence all levels of the business, including members of the Senior Leadership Team. Need an ability to influence major decisions having legal ramifications through reasoned analysis and business understanding; willingness to make hard decisions on legal advice and strategic business initiatives.
An approachable, down to earth, straightforward, resilient and persuasive personality with strong negotiation, communication and influencing skills and a constructive, commercial and imaginative approach to problem solving.
The team are supportive, friendly and knowledgeable - this is a great opportunity to grow, learn and develop your career.
In-House Counsel Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Lawyer admitted in England and Wales with at least 5 years PQE.
- Strong academic credentials with experience at a major City or regional law firm (first time movers will be considered) - some in-house experience is highly desirable.
- Strong and broad technical legal knowledge and excellent drafting and negotiation skills are essential.
- Experience in broad commercial, rather than narrow, functional roles.
- Experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment.
- Ability to deal with a heavy workload and competing priorities.
- Confident and comfortable in working with a wide range of different types of clients, both in terms of seniority and legal/contractual knowledge. Ability to explain complex legal issues in a simple way.
- Strong commercial acumen and a business-focussed approach in providing legal support.
The salary is dependant on the candidates' experience in addition there is a car allowance, healthcare and bonus all forming part of the benefits package - flexible WFH is also available.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'