In-House / Corporate Solicitor
To £65,000, plus Bonus and Benefits
Our client is a successful and expanding Business Services provider, operating within the fin-tech space, with B2B, and B2C activities, both UK and international. They operate in a regulated environment and also provide a high quality and professional set of services to both corporate and private clients. They are looking to bring in an experienced legal expert to look after legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
Working in a small team, the role includes;
- Understand all operations of the business and improve the legal structure built around them.
- Simplify complex legal issues, to make then clear throughout the operations.
- Review, prepare, negotiate and draft a range of commercial contracts.
- Advise directly on contractual disputes and corporate matters, working with external lawyers where necessary
- Oversee the Compliance Function, and manage the content of compliance training for staff.
- Manage anti-money laundering activities
- Conducting regular monitoring reviews, monitoring daily trade activities; identify potential risks and issues and recommend solutions.
- Manage the filing of regulatory returns, overseeing regulatory visits.
- Manage the compliance engagement with third parties and clients
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes which impact the company and recommend and implement required changes within the compliance function
- Write and maintain all related documentation and procedures around compliance, working with external advisors where necessary.
- Manage continuous improvements to Compliance Function including leading and managing a small team
- Manage compliance and regulatory aspects of expansion into new countries, liaising with world-wide counsel to facilitate this
- Support the Compliance aspect of introducing and managing new products and services.
- Ensure all business practices are compliant with the Data Protection Act, and work with the Business to ensure that all staff are trained in Data Protection.
You will need to be an experienced Commercial Solicitor, who understands business issues and compliance in a regulatory environment. Good communication skills are required, as is the ability to work in a team, to be diligent, and assertive. Qualified or studying for CISI compliance or ACAMS would be beneficial, training will be provided where necessary. There is plenty of scope for advancement, and active participation in commercial activities.