A huge, multinational, private equity backed business are looking to grow with a need for a highly motivated Assistant Tax Manager to support the Group Tax team. Based in the Altrincham area, the role will be reporting to the Group Tax Manager. The successful candidate will gain experience of dealing with UK tax issues facing multinationals and strong technical skills.
A UK based, private equity backed group with a turnover of US$800m+, operating in multiple offices worldwide and is currently continuing to grow its global operations. It is an exciting and fast paced working environment, and an excellent place for people with the right attitude to develop themselves and add real value to a growing organisation.
The Role Responsibilities
- Providing day to day support to the Group Tax Manager on corporate tax related matters
- Preparation of UK corporation tax computations and returns, including generation and review of tax packs
- Management of the UK group relief position
- Preparation of tax figures for internal budgets and forecasts
- Initial review of tax figures for monthly management reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of tax figures and disclosures for the yearly group tax reporting process
- Assisting in the preparation and review of transfer pricing policies, documentation and reports including Country-by-Country reporting
- Documentation and monitoring of all intragroup loans
- Collation of all withholding tax certificates across the global business
- Assisting in ad-hoc global tax queries and projects
This role would suit a qualified tax professional (qualified by experience or part-qualified would be considered) with a practice background and/or previous experience in industry. The role has real scope for further development as the business grows and is thus an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to continue to develop their career to the next level. Key skills required are:
Strong corporation tax compliance experience with the ability to take ownership of the compliance process;
Strong UK tax accounting experience would be beneficial;
Experience of using Onesource Corporate Tax software would be beneficial (but not essential);
A well organised, committed individual;
Excellent communication skills and desire to interact at all levels across a global organisation;
Pro-active with a "can do" attitude to tasks and issues that arise;
Ability to take responsibility for delivering to deadlines as required.
£35,000 - £45,000 + career progression and opportunity to work on a number of global tax projects.
- transfer pricing
- tax assistant
- research and development
- r & D
- tax compliance
- corporate tax
- tax accounting
- tax advisory
- r and d tax
- country by country reporting