Our client based in Estover is looking for an Imports Assistant to work within their busy department.
This department and the Company is extremely busy, so the ability to multitask, with maintained accuracy is essential.
You would be working as part of a small team and the work will impact all aspects of the Import Department.
We are looking for a candidates with a background in administration and someone who is able to commit to an immediate start within a temporary position.
You must demonstrate the key skills with the willingness to learn this varied, demanding & exciting role.
Full training in their processes will be given.
Duties will involve but will not be limited to:
* Registering container orders
* Processing shipping documents, international payments, preparing customs entries
* Preparing customs entries for shipping agent
* Checking shipping costs / customs entries
* Scheduling container deliveries
* Booking in UK / EU deliveries to our Distribution Centre within our set booking structure
* Reviewing / issuing of daily reports
* Checking delivery paperwork from our DC
* Investigating and resolving issues (loading / price / cube)
* Updating & monitoring of information onto our imports database (Access)
* Raising & resolving claims with suppliers (UK & International)
* Customs Tariff reviews
* General Admin & correspondence within the import dept
The candidate must have the following skills:
* Ability to pick things up quickly
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent accuracy and consistency of work
* Good organisational skills with a methodical approach
* Ability to multitask
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel essential (must include excel knowledge of formulas, formatting & sorting. Use of Access preferred but not essential)
* Experience of imports, customs or logistics an advantage, but not essential
This role suits someone who enjoys a challenge, likes problem solving and who works best when under pressure.
Hours are 8.45am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with an hour’s break.
This is a rolling temporary position
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application by one of our consultants here at Astra Recruitment for a short telephone pre-screen prior to being submitted to the client. Unfortunately due to high levels of applications you will not be contacted if you are unsuccessful
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job