My client is currently looking for an Import Team Member to join their expanding business. It is exciting times for the business with massive growth and expansion plans coming over the next few years.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the factory order book process to ensure timely delivery/handover of stock.
- Input purchase orders onto Navision accurately following authorisation to buy.
- Produce Excel purchase order for all orders for internal sign off.
- Contact buying/Sales order management team and suppliers to resolve any issues regarding pricing
- Sending order books on a weekly basis to factories to facilitate timely shipments.
- Resolve any problems highlighted by factories liaising with relevant departments within the business and devising corrective plans as appropriate.
- Escalating issues to the Import Team Leader, Supply Chain Manager or Buyer as appropriate.
- Providing weekly summaries and reports as required regarding factory performance, major delays or improvements made.
- Dealing promptly and effectively with internal enquiries relating to customer orders.
- Ensure that customer specification sheets are obtained from sales order management team, submitted to factory and appropriately filed and stock is produced in accordance with customer requirements.
- Obtain production photographs for approval and PSI use
- Liaise with Buyers/QA and other departments to ensure smooth running of ordering process.
- Ensure any problems arising within the process are resolved to avoid delays in progressing to live order and ensure that system is updated with any changes
- Liaising with factories frequently to ensure all purchase orders raised are on track and all shipment dates are confirmed.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in a business-to-business customer service role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Well developed MS Office skills
- Keen eye for detail
Ideal Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working within an import/export environment would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Navision would be a distinct advantage
- Linguistic ability with fluency in other European languages
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Import Export
- Order Management
- Order Processing
- Import Logistics