Import Operator role:
· Chasing customs clearance documents from customers, prior to vessel arrival.
· Ensuring email queries are answered in a timely manner.
· Collecting the correct documentation prior to release/delivery of cargo.
· Liaising with the internal departments on arranging haulage with shipping lines/hauliers.
· Ensuring shipments are rated and invoiced correctly.
· Completing customer and IT requirements in a timely manner.
· Securing any payment cleared funds for COD accounts prior to release/delivery of cargo.
· Securing payment cleared funds for duty/vat invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo.
· Processing supplier invoices.
· Resolving any customer queries or complaints.
· Filing and archiving of job files once complete.
Skills and Experience
· Detailed knowledge of import operations
· Good understanding of Excel spreadsheets (including formulas)
· IT literate
· Be conscientious and have good attention to detail
· Communicate politely and efficiently with clients and internal staff
· Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
· Experienced team player
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Enthusiastic and driven to achieve targets and objectives
· Proven customer service skills
· Ability to identify and report problems that may occur.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'