Import Operations Manager - West London - Healthcare Logistics
Salary Up to £40K Base
Hours: 07:30-16:3 1 hour lunch
- To participate in, lead and manage work of Import Operations Team.
- This includes ensuring the staff follow their Job Descriptions and Company Policies, SOP’s and procedures as compliant with Airlines, Customs, IATA and other regulatory authorities.
- Collaborate with senior management and ensure compliance to all import trade regulations and changes.
- Lead efficient team of import experts and provide training to new employees for all import processes.
- Manage daily working relations with external agents such as local agents, freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Following, creating and updating where applicable SOP’s and SLA's
- Ensuring adherence to pocess and formalities of Import procedures
- Ensuring appropriate use of company systems, data entry and compliance to aviation requirements
- Ensuring adherence to Dangerous Goods regulations and documentation
- Ensuring adequate cover for staff rotas, holidays, vacancies and illness
- Performing all aspects of Import Operations when required
- Working with overseas offices to provide customers with best / most cost effective solutions
- To work with Agents and Suppliers to conform to services requirements, focusing on quality improvements and compliance to standars and regulations
- Ensure team work is adequately distributed and delegated to provide time for Import Team Mangement responsibilities
- Working with staff and agents to improve service and and obtain details for any delays
- Advising specific agents of shipment delays
- Focusing on Client Specific SLA's. Sharing appropriately service performance data to increase awareness and understnading within the team requirements
- Be aware and ensure compliance with polocies for security, health & safety and data security
- To provide staff with training in all areas of Import Operations and to rotate tasks routinely to ensure all aspects of Import workload can be covered in cases of emergency
- To create the necessary flexibility in staffing and resourcing as would be expected in a 24x7 operation
- Providing procurement team with operational support when appointing and contracting new and existing agents and suppliers
- To participate in supplier performance reviews vto ensure performance to service standards and adherence to service requirements and current agrements in place
- Manage cost with care in meeting service requiremenbts or in correctime measures for service failures
- Promote cooperation between functions and departments
- Actively seek to develop own performance and in line with Personal Development Plans with Line Manager
- Ensuring that staff and agents comply with Packaging and Temperature Control
Good interpersonal, communications skills and presentation
Analytical qualities combined with operational performance knowledge
Team leader able to work closely with procurement, operations, transport teams internally as well as external stakeholders
Experience in effectively managing and driving team performance as well as disciplinary
Good use of standard Microsoft packages, especially Excel
Good use of Customs Clearance systems
Experience of team management and impartial focus on company objectives
Multitasking - the ability to work and deliver multiple projects at the same time
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job