Homewares & Kitchenware
£18,000 - £24,000
Our client is a rapidly expanding importer who now has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Import Merchandiser (non fashion) to join their Manchester based team.
You'll get to know the business services inside out and be our biggest advocate. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growth company where no two days will be the same!
- Organising weekly tracker Meetings with Design, QA & Buying, checking artwork is on time with Desgin, with QA Checking test reports are up to date, IM's & Rating Labels have been done for your product. and sending out tracker meeting notes to all the relevant teams
- Planning new line buys with the sales team - completing the OCS ( order confirmation sheet)
- Forecasting - planning new buys, this is limited as most of the orders are FOB or sent through by the selling team
- Keeping the master tracker up to date
- Keeping your sales and purchase order book up to date
- Chasing suppliers for weekly updates on purchase orders
- Reporting any stock issues to customer, creating and sending out Critical Paths weekly to your relevant customers
- Manage day to day trading keep watch on sales and margins
- Working closely with imports and the supply chain team on container intake
- Working closely with sales staff to establish product sales forecasts and plan buys as required, also working with the sales team on slow moving lines to ensure that they are sold through the business.
- Computer literate with keyboard skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, energetic and enthusiastic with an open minded approach.
- Willingness to work together in a team and help others.
- Positive and pro-active attitude to changing demands and priorities as required.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to set own priorities.
- Numeracy skills
The successful candidate will be having previous experience working as an Import Merchandiser within a Wholesaler business - ideally with Far East experience. You will have extensive experience of managing the critical path and the ability to multi-task.
In return our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress in a thriving business.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR8192
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'