Our client based in the Heathrow area is currently recruiting for an Import Manager with pharmaceutical experience.
Salary: Circa £40K+
We will consider candidates without pharmaceutical experience for this role, however this is preferred.
The objective of the role:
- Manage & participate in the work of the Imports Operations Team.
- Collaborate with senior management and ensure compliance to all import trade regulations and changes.
- Lead efficient team of import experts and provide training to new employees for all import processes.
- Manage daily working relations with external agents such as local agents, freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Following, creating and updating where applicable SOPs & SLAs
- Ensuring adherence to process and formalities of Import procedures
- Ensuring appropriate use of company systems, data entry and compliance to aviation requirements
- Ensuring adherence to Dangerous Goods regulations and documentation
- Ensuring adequate cover for staff rotas, holidays, vacancies and illness
- Performing all aspects of the Import Operations when required
- Working with overseas offices to provide customers with best / most cost effective solutions
- To work with Agents and Suppliers to conform to the company services requirements, focusing on quality improvements and compliance to standars and regulations
- Ensure team work is adequately distributed and delegated to provide time for Import Team Mangement responsibilities
- Working with staff and agents to improve service and and obtain details for any delays
- Advising specific agents of shipment delays
- Focusing on Client Specific SLA. Sharing appropriately service performance data to increase awareness and understanding within the team
- Ensuring that staff and agents comply with Packaging and Temperature Control requirements
- Be aware and ensure compliance with policies for security, health & safety and data security
- To provide staff with training in all areas of Import Operations and to rotate tasks routinely to ensure all aspects of Import workload can be covered in cases of emergency
- To create the necessary flexibility in staffing and resourcing as would be expected in a 24x7 operation
- Providing procurement team with operational support when appointing and contracting new and existing agents and suppliers
- To participate in supplier performance reviews vto ensure performance to service standards and adherence to service requirements and current agrements in place
- Manage cost with care in meeting service requirements or in correct time measures for service failures
- Promote cooperation between functions and departments
- Actively seek to develop own performance and in line with Personal Development Plans with Line Manager
- Managerial Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job