Import Freight Clerk
Up to £26k
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive. co.uk or join us on twitter at twitter.co m/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is an international, multi-functional Freight, transport & logistics organization. As part of their continued growth they have requested Strive to source an experienced sea freight clerk to be based at their site near Rochester.
- Prepare accurate customs clearance paperwork in accordance with customer instructions.
- Manage all shipping documentation precisely and on time.
- Monitor all shipments through effective communication with overseas offices and team members.
- Provide customers with timely and accurate updates ensuring online tracking info is up to date, visible and accurate.
- Organise delivery of customer goods within company credit policy.
- Deal with customer and overseas partner queries.
- Act as cover when required within the team.
- Experienced in import sea freight operations FCL and LCL.
- Full understanding of Import Customs Clearance process
- You must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both on your own initiative and within a team framework.
- Customer Service focussed and determined to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Commercial awareness
This represents a great opportunity within a growing organisation. We look forward to your application.