- To organise the shipment of all export orders: obtaining quotes from freight agents, preparing all relevant documentation
- Manage the incoming shipment of goods, preparing all relevant documentation and informing relevant internal customers
- To advise the customer of delivery date of goods.
- Manage Export Documentation goods globally and upload to TradeDocs where necessary
- Proactively manage customer relationships by liaising with other internal and external departments to collate relevant delivery information to ensure orders are shipped within a timely manner.
- Ensure relevant documentation for export orders are prepared in line with company standards.
- Liaise with Freight Forwarders and oversee all freight activity via road, air or sea
- Ensure accurate Shipping Log filing/ archiving system is maintained - compiling and maintaining consignment files
- Ensure freight agent is advised of import clearance instructions and a customs import record is maintained.
- Ensure personal compliance with all health and safety legislation and Company policy
- Be fully familiar and fully conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Previous import/export experience
- Able to use Microsoft office packages
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business