Nigel Wright are delighted to be supporting a successful company who are looking for a Vendor to join and lead their Import team. Due to continued business growth this role will for an integral part of the Supply chain team working in a fast paced, exciting environment. If you enjoy a fast paced role, speaking to contacts across the world and have a tenacious, organised approach to work then please get in touch!
The key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Ensuring vendors supply as contracted and requested and dealing with any arising issues
- Building relationships with the suppliers to ensure agreed service levels are achieved
- Liaise with freight forwarders to ensure they are operating as agreed
- Ensure documentation is in order and regulations adhered to
- Forecasting requirements and demand and communicating effectively both with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Line management responsibility for a small team
Type of person we are looking for:
- Freight forwarding experience on a global level is a must
- Excellent knowledge of container transportation
- Tenacious in approach
- Good understanding of Import regulations
- Experience in vendor management, including being able to manage performance
- Proactive approach, adept at dealing with problems
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'