Our client, an international Importer, distributor and stockist of pulses, lentils and peas based in London is seeking a very experienced Import/Export Coordinator. The candidate must have some management skills and strong experience of Imports and UK Distribution. Other responsibilities will include:
- Arrange logistic solutions throughout the supply chain. Providing necessary information to service providers, suppliers and customers.
- Following up on contracts and raising shipping instructions. Forwarding shipping instructions to suppliers and service providers. Book vessel space for FOB purchases.
- Assess and take care of all customs and shipping related documents.
- Open Letters of Credit if applicable on shipments.
- Liaise with transport and service providers. Negotiate and request transport and service rates assuring these are up to date. Assess and process the updates in the database. Review Service providers service levels.
- Settle any occurring event on incoming and outgoing shipments. Settle damages with the insurance company or suppliers for issues occurred during transit and/or storage.
- Inform traders on various transport options with the costs and requirements involved.
- Update Dynamics with shipment details upon receipt from shipper.
- Check suppliers and service providers invoices entering details on Dynamics software and pass for payment.
- Create sales invoices and prepayment invoices in Dynamics and forward to customers.
- Update the databases for containers and road transport for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Accurately file documents for each incoming and outgoing shipment.
- Liaise with warehouses to control the process or orders, stocks and accurate handling of cargo.
- Monitor stocks in the warehouses. Providing stock updates when requested from other departments.
- Give instructions for rework of products. Monitor and analyse results and assign costs to the correct lot or shipment.
- Control processing and storage costs and negotiate rates for a certain period of time.
- Actively enrol the product quality & safety procedures and liaise with warehouses to continuously monitor the process for logistics, warehousing and reworking.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the logistics process.
Must have a high level of communication and customer service skills. and have experience of organising and planning all Logistics from source to customer around the UK.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'