We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Import/Export Co-ordinator for an opportunity within a dynamic and fast expanding shipping and logistics firm based on the outskirts of Ipswich. The successful candidate will have a strong background in all aspects of the freight forwarding industry and be confident with business development in addition to general operations.
- Arranging short sea trailer imports and exports, air freight imports and a growing number of air and sea freight exports
- Taking bookings and arranging haulage and warehousing
- Customs entries
- Business development where business levels allow
- Investigating and solving disputes or queries and providing outstanding customer service and communication with clients at all times
- Answering telephone calls and responding appropriately to a variety of queries from people around the world.
- Liaising daily with clients in order to gather instructions and maintain their reports using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Tracking containers, arranging timely releases and sorting deliveries
- FCL system experience would be a bonus but not essential
Skills and experience required:
- Previous industry experience within a freight forwarding role is a necessity
- Customs clearance experience would be beneficial but not essential
- The ability to be meticulous and consistent with close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable with an excellent attitude to Customer Service
At polkadotfrog recruitment we do our very best to ensure both client and candidate satisfaction. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
With offices in Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich we specialise in the Office Support, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Shipping & Transport sectors across all levels.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job