The opportunity has arisen for suitable applicants to join in the roles of Import/Export Co-ordinators on a permanent basis.
Daily activity is related to Import and Export activities between our suppliers and customers on a global basis.
The primary function is to:
- Arrange quotations, place orders, manage collections and arrange exports/imports to supply overseas factories from UK/EU manufacturers.
- Ensure part prices are updated and provided to our customers on a regular basis, following supply chain cost movements.
The main responsibilities include:
- Raising quotations, purchase orders and invoices in line with customer order requirements.
- Confirm all purchase costs and sales prices are correct and in line with the relevant quotations.
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries effectively.
- Proactively managed aged debt to meet cash flow targets.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calculate forward orders to meet production schedules and accommodate supplier and shipping lead times.
- Ensure goods are Imported/Exported through customs using The Companies forwarding agent and supplied to the agreed point of delivery.
- Develop, maintain, and improve successful relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Maintain detailed and accurate logs of any Quality claims, coordinating information between customer and the manufacturer.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to existing work processes.
- Maintain an effective filing system of past and current business transactions.
Person Specification: Skills & Experience required
- Administration experience within Purchasing/Logistics/Sales Co-ordination or a similar field.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and organisation skills.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office (Especially Excel – Intermediate to Advance level).
- Full and clean UK driving license.
- Import/Export experience.
- Automotive supply chain understanding.
- CIPS or similar qualification would be an advantage in these positions.
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Making things happen
- Professional Integrity
- Learning Agility
- Continuous improvement & challenge
- Analysis & Problem Solving
This role is temporary ongoing.