Our clients are a shipping and logistics company and currently looking for a customs entry clerk to work at their Manchester office.
Purpose of the role:
Maintain customs procedure and prepare and Input entries directly into HMRC for all ocean import shipments
Duties will include:
- Dealing primarily with our clients consols business, but also dealing with FCL and LCL container freight import shipments.
- Obtain clearance and Input customs entries into HMRC.
- Working on Ocean Import customs entries.
- Dealing with Destin8 and CNS port systems.
- Dealing with Worldwide markets and various commodities.
- Calculation of Duty for consignments coming into the UK
- Maintaining compliance with current customs laws and procedures.
- Dealing with any queries relating to Customs/Duty matters.
- Liaison with team members and operational staff.
- Report to management any issues.
You will need to have similar experience and ideally have worked in either a freight forwarders or for a shipping line doing a similar role.
Salary £26/32k negotiable depending on experience
Suitable candidates will be contacted where possible within 48 hours of submission. Due to a high demand of applications currently, we are not able to contact all candidates to advise them that their application has not been successful for this particular role.
Originally founded in 2009 our aim has always been to provide a personal and professional service to both our clients and candidates.
If you are currently looking for a new career path and have experience within either Shipping, Logistics or the freight sector, please contact us to discuss your future career path and other suitable positions.
- Customs Regulations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'