A leading Supermarket Chain, who work closely with partners in Europe, is recruiting for an Import Co-ordinator to be based at offices in the South West London area.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To be an active member of the company’s busy and dynamic Import Team. With the big task of importing products into the country, the team deals with over 150 deliveries coming into the UK every single day! You’ll be constantly bringing solutions to complex and many first-time challenges, working closely with internal and international teams as well as external stakeholders such as freight forwarders, brokers, and suppliers. This is a fast paced, dynamic position where you’ll need to take a pragmatic approach to solving problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with external stakeholders including customs brokers, freight forwarders and suppliers
- Working closely with internal teams such as Customs, Buying and Supply Chain, as well as International
- Building the necessary controls and processes around our SAP based Import systems
- Supporting managers to refine business processes
- Producing end to end documentation for all processes reflecting operational practices including systems, reporting, and training
- Understanding the objectives of our operational and project work, their impact on the business and dynamically driving solutions to business-critical issues
- Solving problems to key issues proactively and escalating in a timely manner
- Evaluating process and systems relating to all aspects of imports
To Be Considered:
- Ideally a German speaker with excellent communication skills in both English and German
- An understanding of the variety of documentation needed to import food and non-food items is highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues across all levels of the business
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of business departments to complete a project successfully
- Good knowledge of SAP Retail or similar retail logistics systems is beneficial
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Process focused with great attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- An opportunity to join a leading Supermarket chain and work at a new and exciting purposely built Head Office
- A competitive salary in line with skills and experience, with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance.
- The chance to work in a rewarding environment, where you are given the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
- Save for your future with company pension scheme, or save today with in-store discounts, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more!
For full details, contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
- International Logistics
- International Trade
- Import Logistics
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'