A highly regarded Global Logistics Provider offering a number of specialist supply chain solutions is recruiting for an Import Co-ordinator to be based at its busy operations office in London.
Reporting to the Team Leader the main purpose of the role is to oversee import / supply chain operations on behalf of a key client whilst providing exceptional customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Establish effective communications with carriers/ customer/hauliers & overseas offices
- Follow up with origins / suppliers / customer to ensure required documentation is received for cargo release- specifically bills of lading.
- Making bookings with preferred carriers
- Total control on all booking amendments sent by the customer throughout the day and relaying that information to the relevant parties
- Liaising with all parties to keep them up to date with late runners and failed bookings
- Tracking of deliveries, liaising with carriers transport department / customer / distribution centres.
- Co-ordination of deliveries and update of relevant systems / reports as required.
- Ensuring daily KPI’s are met
- Participate in periodic operational review with client if required
- Maximise revenue, contain cost, Billing control
- Maintain weekly billing reporting to the customer
- Co-operate with other teams to ensure cost / revenue are processed accurately and on time.
Skills & Experience Required;
- Proven experience handling import operations gained within a freight forwarding or supply chain environment
- Intermediate skill level with Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- An opportunity to work for for a global organisation
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including bonus, healthcare & pension
For full details, please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
- Freight Forwarding
- Import Logistics